Since DRUM WORLD opened its doors in 1990, we have been the “go to” place for drum instruction. All lessons are taught by our professional teaching staff who have many years of experience and are skilled in many different playing styles. We can teach virtually any percussion instrument. We pride ourselves in teaching all age and skill levels and have taught beginners who have never picked up drum sticks, all the way up to pros who just want to add some new techniques or styles to their repertoire. Our students learn on real drum sets, not practice pads, and there are 2 drum sets in each of our large teaching studios to save valuable time on awkward “switching” from teacher to student.
We have a lot of parents who ask us, “What is the right age to start my child in lessons”? Although we have taught as young as the age of 4, we have found that 8 is just about the right age for most children. At that age, their attention span is a little longer and they can comprehend the lessons being taught to them, but each individual is different and we will be glad to discuss all your options with you.
All lessons at DRUM WORLD are 30-minute private one-on-one lessons. There is NEVER a sign up fee for lessons at DRUM WORLD. Tuition is just $80.00 per month on a month-to-month basis with no multiple month contracts to worry about.
DRUM WORLD LESSON POLICIES
– Tuition is a base flat rate of $80.00 per month
– Tuition is due on the first lesson in the first week of the month
– Tuition payments received after the 10th of the month are considered late and must include a $10.00 late fee. Due to our capacity, tuition payments not made by the second week of the month may result in loss of time slot in the schedule
– Tuition payments may be paid by personal check or cash. (some instructors also except credit cards for a small additional fee, see your personal instructor) Please make checks out to your instructor only, as teachers cannot except checks made out to Drum World
– Tuition payments may be dropped of at Drum World or mailed to our address:
Drum World Attn: (instructor)
2226 S. 92nd E. Ave
Tulsa, Ok. 74129
– There is a $25.00 service charge on all returned checks
Due to our student load capacity and schedules, make-up lessons will only be given solely at the discretion of the instructor and only if lesson fees are current. Unattended Make-up lessons will not be rescheduled. No make up lessons will be carried over or credited to the following month.
There will be no scheduled lessons on the following dates:
New Year’s eve, New Year’s day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, or Christmas day.
If Tulsa Public School are closed due to inclement weather, (snow, ice, etc…) our lesson program will also be closed. Other holidays or school breaks are at the discretion of the instructor. Dates listed above and inclement weather dates are included in tuition fees.
Please feel free to call with any questions regarding lessons or lesson policies.